Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a little less dry and a little less cold

aaaaahhhhhhh...(a sigh of relief)

taking the morning to meditate, pray and read was exactly what I've needed (what I've been missing)

...

the iPhone was off

the Franciscan Friars were quiet

and my soul was at peace

...

that elusive silence and solitude was not elusive today

I was immediately aware of my own breathing

like an accordion pumping in and out - rhythmically and cyclically

...

I had forgotten about breathing

I had forgotten about the breath of God in me

...

reading His Word without duty or guilt - but out of love

listening without agenda or needing to speak - but out of love

drawn to pray for needs as they came to mind

...

and clarity - such clarity

vision and heart attuned to the impossible

...

I died a little more today

but feel like I'm breathing fresh air for the first time

my soul, a little less dry and a little less cold

...

still, small voice - we are listening




1 comment:

joan said...

A mutual friend has "dates with God" where she makes a nice meal, sets the table (for 2) with the best china, candles, etc. She talks with God throughout the meal, and then takes time to read and meditate on His Word after that. I thought that was a great idea for her.

Thank you for making time with God to strengthen your relationship - and for encouraging us to do the same.