Thursday, November 17, 2011

living within the tension

I am being broken
yet being put back together

continually dying
yet being made alive

bringing the kingdom of heaven here and now
though realizing it can't be fully...yet

there is a tension

...

I want to fight it
I want it to go away
I want one or the other

and yet, there is an undeniable tension

I'm done fighting
I want it to stay
I want both/and

I must live within the tension

...

I see it all around

we run from it, swinging to one side or the other

but we find ourselves smack-dab in the middle of the tension

...and that's right where we need to be

how can it not drive us to Jesus?

how can it not drive us to humility?

...

and like a finely tuned instrument, may we make our song, living within the tension






1 comment:

In the Real said...

well spoken. I always feel refreshed, and yet challenged when I read your thoughts and think about them... haha