Thursday, October 14, 2010

attune

character and perspective rarely come easy

I'm not saying I have either - but can appreciate the pain-staking process in obtaining them

driving away from the hospital yesterday, there was this moment of clarity

you know those times where you feel like you can see for the first time what's always been there but you didn't notice?
like your senses are attune to a new song, a new fragrance and a new texture all at once?

that was yesterday

I wish I could describe it for you...

why does it take death to remind me to live?

character and perspective rarely come easy, but rather through a painful ascent

may I not forget this song too soon - may I sing of its words everyday

may I die everyday to rise up to life

...

there are those that I love with a parents' heart
and I don't know what it will take to wake them

what will it take to wake you?

No comments: