Wednesday, March 10, 2010

entirely unromantic


I am married. and have been that way since May 17, 2003.

for some, that may seem very brief. for some, that may seem very long.

it is what it is.

I love my wife.

I choose to.

not because she is beautiful, though she is. not because she is talented, though she is. not because she loves me, though she does.

but because I choose to.

I chose to and will continue to choose to.

this may seem entirely unromantic and maybe it is. but love is so much more a choice than it is feeling.

today, I choose to love whether I feel like it or not.
I choose to speak in love, I choose to act in love, I choose to be in love.

...and she makes it so easy

2 comments:

canadianhumility said...

Fascinating.

Jeff Step said...

Pretty romantic I think and a very good perspective on love.